Tuesday, March 31, 2015

3/23/15 - 16

Hello Family and Friends. Today is the 23rd of March, 2015. Time is just flying. This Wednesday are changes, but the lucky thing is that I know that I am staying because I am training Elder Zamora. I love the people here, the ward I am in, the people I have met and I am very grateful. 
This week was very eventful. I am going to write a shorter email today due to time. In my mission up till now we have baptized 160 people this month of March. The goal that we have for this month is 204 and if we reach it, it will be the first time that this mission, or any Paraguayan mission has ever baptized more than 200 people in a month. WE are praying, working hard, and doing all that we can to help others come unto Christ.

We have been teaching quite a few people here in Barrio Obrero and we are trying to help them come unto Christ and be baptized so that they can qualify for eternal life. WE are teaching:Susana, Ausucena, Isaias, Jose, Liz Paola, Martha, and The Molina Family. I will update you all on them next week. 
I learned this week that God has done everything he can to help guide us to his presence again. God has given us the scriptures, church, prayer, prophets, the priesthood, and all other sorts of things to help others come back to him. One big example that I found in the scriptures is that God guided the Israelites in the desert when Moses was a prophet. It says that he guided them, "With clouds by day, and fire by night." The Israelite s took 40 years to get to the promise land and the big reason why it took so long is because of the sins that they committed and their unwillingness to be humble and repent and recognize the hand of the Lord in their lives. god has given us guides similar to that so that we can make it to our own promised land. In Alma 37:44-46 it says that it is very easy to listen to the word of God and pay attention to eat and if we do so we will be taken away from this world of pain and afflictions to a PROMISED LAND that is a lot better. That has been my goal these last 2 years. Help people find a better world through repentance and baptism in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that the church is true and I invite all to find out for themselves.

Thank you for the love and support! Until next week!
ELder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment