Friday, March 13, 2015

3-2-15 Fe, Consagración, Amor



Hellos Friends and Family. I hope you are not bored with my emails haha. I am doing great here is Paraguay. Sembrando y cosechando lo que siembro. The mission has been so fulfilling on a level that is very hard to describe. I can explain to you all the day to day activities, the lessons I learn, but it is really hard to explain the joy, peace, and love I have felt while serving here in Paraguay. I love it and though it has been hard, I couldn't ask for anything better.

Elder Zamora: Like you all know, Elder Zamora is the new Elder that I am training and he is super awesome. He got to baptized his first convert on Saturday. He is teaching me a lot of Spanish because almost all of my companions have been American. We are cooking a lot of...... rice. He loves rice. We buy like 2 pounds of rice a week. He is teaching me a lot of words from Ecuador; for example, when he doesn´t understand what someone said he says mande, instead of que dijo. It is super slang from Ecuador and I love it. He gives me a whole different perspective because he was baptized in the church only 1 year and a half ago and I admire his courage and strength that he has shown in these last couple of weeks in the beginning of his mission. 

Miracle 1: One of the miracles that we found this week is a 20 year old young adult named Matias. We were at a little store when he came up to us in his bike. I didn't see him so I went walking and he called my companion over and I went back so that we could talk to him. As it turns out, the missionaries visited him before, but he never went to church. He said he had left his house that day looking for someone and he ran into to us. He then went on to say that he wanted to go to church and be baptised.... Can I get a 1, 2, 3 MILAGRO!! It was an amazing experience we fixed an appointment to go there to his house the next day and we invited him to be baptized on the 21st of March. It was truly a miracle. The one that we were praying for.

Miracle 2: The next day after Matias, we found a man named Ramos, who has been to church a few times. Seeing how we are new to the area we decided to visit him and give it a shot. He let us in and he has had a pretty tough life. His wife died 9 years ago and his son died 3 years ago at the age of 17. Just that in itself as really hard to handle and overcome. We invited him to church and to be baptized because he said that he needed to find a new beginning he just didn't know what or where to find it. He was thinking of abandoning his house and just leaving, but he was very grateful that we came and changed his mind. He said in church that Sunday that he was waiting for someone to come and help him find the path and then we showed up. It is amazing how The Lord can guide his servants by the spirit even when we have no idea like my companion and I. It was a wonderful experience and he hopes to be baptized shortly.

Miracle 3: Rodrigo got confirmed this week. Our convert came to church with a tie, white shirt, and dress pants for the first time. That was awesome to see. He always tells us that he wants o be an Elder just like us and it is really special to hear people say stuff like that to us because it fills my heart knowing that I can help people complete their dreams just by being an example.

One mission. There is a lot of things that someone can do in 2 years. I chose to come here and it has been the best decision of my life. I love the Lord and I am grateful for his atoning sacrifice. It has cleansed me and made me who I am. I hope to keep doing better and keep finding more a more light until I can become perfected in him. I know that this work has blessed my life more than I had possibly imagined. I am so grateful. It has all been a miracle. 

Thank you for all the support and love. Have a great week!!

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment