Monday, December 29, 2014

12-15-14 Feelings without Explanation............

The Mission...... Let me tell you about it.

The days go by, the weeks, the months, and eventually the years. Can two years really shape the life of a young man like me? Does one mission really mean anything at all? Why would a teenage kid waste his life doing this thing called a mission? What does it mean? Why did he go? What is he doing? Will he come back? When will he come back? Is it false or true? 

My dear Family and Friends, a lot of these questions I have heard here in the mission. Time after time I feel the constant urge to get on my knees and cry joyfully of the blessing that it has been to be here in this country serving this mission. Some people here that I have talked to think that I'm wasting my time, think that I'm in it for money, think that I want a girl, think I should go home. For our beloved Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, it wasn't a waste of time, he wasn't in it for the money nor the fame, nor the glory, his mission changed his life. 
My mission is changing my life, I have never been so grateful, never felt so much love, never had so many hardships, never felt so much joy, never have I helped so many people find hope, peace, and purpose. 
The mission really does change lives. It has changed mine and I'm extremely grateful. 
A guy drove by us the other day in a car while we were walking in the street and shouted,"Those two men are liars!!!". 
He had never met us, didn't know my name, didn't know anything about me, and just because I'm representing Christ he called us liars. 
Christ was called a liar, a winebibber, a fornicator, and a false Christ. 
I have been called a liar, an adulterer, a coward, a thief, and every day I come to understand more and more the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It wasn't easy for him and it hasn't been easy for me.
I love the mission and I love hearing the people who say, 
¨These young men saved my life¨.....I have heard that.
¨These young men changed my life"..... I have heard that.
¨These young men have brought me peace and happiness.....I have heard that
I have seen so many miracles, blessings, and changes in my own life and in the lives of others. It makes me want to cry remembering all the great moments and spiritual moments. I have learned how to love, I have learned how to treat others, I have learned how to be like Christ, I have learned patience, how to serve, how to act, and how to be. I have tried so hard to do my best and when my body begs for rest and mercy, the Saviors example helps me to keep going. I assume it will be like that before he comes. 

I know that our Savior lives. His atonement is real and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is his church. I know it, I live it, I love every second of it. 


MERRY CHRISTMAS. See you on Skype family!
Elder Jessop


​We painted a wall for our converts. The Sanchez Family.


​Ward Christmas Activity

No comments:

Post a Comment