Monday, December 15, 2014

12-1-14 El es la dádiva

Hello Family and Friends alike. Today is December 1st and we had a crazy week to say the least. We were very busy and there was a lot of stuff we did so I guess that I will just start with the most important part that I learned this week, about Jesus Christ.

Wednesday: We had an emergency mission leader meeting with all the zones and our mission president. The church is launching a campaign called "He is The Gift". Elder Huntsman and I had to go to an emergency meeting and we learned about this initiative that the church is doing. The church made a video that you can all look up on christmas.mormon.org. It is a video that talks about Christmas and how easy it is to get caught up in all these worldly things during this crazy time of the year and forget about the most important part, Jesus Christ. The video is really awesome and I invite you all the watch it. It is 2 minutes long and members and non-members alike can benefit immensely form this video. After you watch it, you should share it on some social media website so that other people can also see it and benefit from it. It has strengthened my testimony immensely of Jesus Christ. I know that he is my savior and that he lives and loves each and every one of us. I have learned that if it wasn't for him, it wouldn't be impossible to become perfect and reach our godly potential that God sees in each of us. I am re-reading the four gospels in the bible to learn more about the life of Christ and his works. I learned reading in Matthew 6 that God wants us to be perfect and in that very chapter we can learn of the attributes necessary that we need to develop and how we can become like him. If you don't have a testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and that he lives, I invite you to look for him. Pray to him, discover him, accept him, and if you do see you will be blessed. I have been so blessed by doing so. The peace and joy that I feel daily reminds me of the need that I have for him in my life. 

Thursday: Thanksgiving. Last year we didn't have lunch on thanksgiving but this year, WE DID. We had a good lunch. I had lasagna for the first time in Paraguay with pasta. Then I topped it off with a half of a watermelon :DD Not as good as Grandmas watermelons, but it was really good. 



Friday: We had our Zone Conference. I'm in Zone 2 with my companion and due to the lack of time we had our Zone meeting with Zone 1. We shared about the video and the initiative that the church is launching this month. We have to show this video to everyone, invite everyone to get on the Internet and look for it, invite people to learn more about Christ and to be baptized in his church, we helped the 2 Zones get into the "Christmas Spirit"!! It was awesome. The spirit was super strong and we put it into practice!! Elder Huntsman and I in 3 days found 10 new investigators 16 people accepted a baptism date to get baptized in the month of December, and we have seen a lot of perspectives change by sharing this initiative with EVERYONE! SHARE IT PEOPLE! :D


Saturday: Was a great day!! David, Jacqueline, and Yamila got baptized!!! IT was awesome. Jacqueline is super excited about young women! Future missionary right there. The other 2 performed in the primary performance last week and they love going to church.



Sunday: I gave a talk in church to present myself to the ward. I shared about the visit of Christ to the Americas in the Book of Mormon. In that scripture the Nephites are invited to touch the hands and feet where the nails held him on the cross. I thought about that for a long time. How would that have been for them? Scary? Awesome? Humbling? I don't know, but what I do know is that every one of us will have that chance and that if we are baptized and confirmed in the true church of Jesus Christ, we can be ready to meet him the day that he comes.

Christ is everything. Everything that I do, say, think, feel, know doesn't matter if it wasn't for Jesus Christ. It blows my mind every time. I truly do love him. I am far from him because I am imperfect, but I know that I can become like him one day. He loves me, you, and everyone. That is my testimony and it is of him.

Elder Jessop

P.S. VISIT christmas.mormon.org!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment