Saturday, August 2, 2014

7-21-14 The Pure Love of Jesus Christ

Hello Friends and Family. Thank you so much for the letters and love. Today is July 21st, 2014. I have a new companion, I stayed in my area, we had investigators go to church, I learned about the importance of the Atonement. It was a very good week and I feel happy and that is how I think I should feel.

CCM: This Saturday we had something called a CCM. It is like a mini MTC (Missionary Training Center) for teenagers of the stake where I'm serving. It was pretty awesome. What we did is we went out into an area in the stake called Posta Mybcua. I am not sure what the name means but it is something in Guarani which has to do with the famous wars in Paraguay that happened almost 200 years ago. Anyways we all went there, two Zones in the mission and it was awesome. There were 6 wards and 2 branches and we literally got in groups and we went out and visited people. I went out with my companion and two young men of the stake. One was named Gustavo and he is 12 and the other was named Javier and he is 16 and they are both preparing to go on missions when they reach the age of 18. We went out and we walked to our area and we got kicked out of a house….haha. I clapped at the door and walked in the the man told me to go next door and we went next door and the guy came out and kicked us off his property. He said a lot of bad words in Guarani. Yea that happens in the mission and it wasn´t the first and it wont be the last. It happened top Jesus Christ too so it was very easy to get over. We did end up teaching a wonderful lady named Maria who is preparing to be baptized this Saturday and honestly Saturday probably was the first and last day I will see her. I learned that day that the things we do in our lives have eternal consequences. 
It was a very wonderful experience. 

Santiago and Guadalupe: Siblings went to church this Sunday. It was excellent. We walked to there house and Santiago thought we weren't going to come because he was already ready to go!! It was awesome and they loved church. I will be updating their progress as the time goes. 

Elder Hampton: I have a new companion named Elder Hampton. He is from Lehi, Utah and people think that we are brothers because we both look the same and we have the same name (Elder) I can't count on 2 hands how many times I had to explain the word Elder last week haha.

I have been learning a lot about Jesus Christ recently and really trying to get to know him and understanding who he really is and what he really did for us. The more I learn about him, the more desires I have to be like him. Everything he did was because he loved us. I hope I can develop that love for everyone just like he did. I'm learning so much and trying to be the best I can be. Through the Atonement I'm achieving that desire.

Thank you for your love and support. Until next week.

Elder Jessop













No comments:

Post a Comment