Friday, June 13, 2014

5-26-14 How the Time Flies.‏

Hello, I really have no clue what to say this week. It just went by so fast. It is blowing my mind. Every preparation day my mind gets blown about what happened in the week. It just feels like it goes so fast. 

Elder Peterson: So Elder Peterson, my companion, thinks he is just the funniest Elder in the world and is constantly reminding me of how much time I have left. Every time an airplane passes by he just makes one joke. He says, "That's about (how many days left I have to finish my mission) away". For example 3 days ago a plane passed bye and he said, "That's about 11 months away". I've gotten used to it. I've been out here so long, but not long enough. It is going by to fast. Elder Peterson has stopped recently though, so that is good.

Doctor: I went to the doctor on Thursday and it turns out that I'm going blind.... Hahaha Just kidding, but I will be in need of glasses pretty soon. I can no longer see very far with my right eye. It is all blurry. I think that is called nearsighted. I'll see what happens, but I´m not too stoked to get glasses if I have too. Can you guys picture me with glasses??? I might be rock-in them in the coming weeks.

Cold: It got cold here in Paraguay!!! It got down the 35 degrees... I know that is not that cold, but after having lived a summer here in Paraguay, 35 degrees might as well be Antarctica. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was really cold. I even busted out the thermals to wear under my clothes. Those did help, Thank you mom for your brilliant ideas. I wouldn't have brought those if it wasn't for her. Go moms.

District Activity: We had a district activity, which is like a fun day with other Elders and Sisters. I'm the district leader of the office of elders, so they only had time on Saturday, so we got permission to have the activity on Saturday. We played soccer and the Latins kicked butt, then we played basketball and the Americans kicked butt, not that there is a rivalry or anything... Then we played Football, which was awesome!!! I haven't played football in a year and my companion has a football and he brought it to the activity and we played and it was way fun. I'm kinda sore, but that is OK. 

I learned a lot this week about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I learned a lot about how us, as missionaries, we have to tell everyone about the cleansing power of the Atonement so that the people who haven´t been cleaned by it can be cleaned if they repent and get baptized. Everything that I do here in Paraguay is only because the Atonement of Jesus Christ permits that I can help other people be clean, and it's like that in the whole world! The Atonement of Jesus Christ is for everyone. Everyone can be cleaned and healed if they repent and accept the Atonement in their own lives. I'm trying my best here in Paraguay to forget about all the little things and focus on helping people accept the Atonement We believe that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ all my kind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. THE ATONEMENT IS EVERYTHING!!!! If it wasn't for the Atonement of Jesus Christ we wouldn't have the opportunity to be healed or saved and do anything. I know that though the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be cleansed and healed because I have been cleansed and healed by it. God loves us, so he sent his son. His son died for us and took upon him the sins of the world. How can we not accept his sacrifice and do his will? I'm trying to help people learn about the atonement so that they can accept it and be cleansed of their sins and healed by the atoning power of his sacrifice. I love my God, I love this work, and I love inviting people to come unto Christ and be baptized for the remission of sins.

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment