Sunday, March 30, 2014

Misionary Life !!

I couldn't think of a good title to put on this email, so I just put Missionary Life. I'm going to tell you all about that. Missionary Life.

Missionary Life: I wake up and then I exercise. We have stairs so I run up and down the stairs. EVERY DAY. I asked my parents to send me a jump rope because there's not any here and I need to mix it up a bit. The stairs are getting pretty boring. At 7:30 AM I eat the best breakfast in the entire world. Fruit and yogurt. Yea it is really good. Then from 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon we study. I study personally for an hour, then with my companion for two and we study Spanish for an hour because Elder Evans is new. We just finished training though, so we will not have to study as long anymore. I'm stoked. Then at 12:00 noon we eat lunch. Usually with a member or at our house. If we eat at home we have to cook. Woo hooo!! I love cooking. Cut up a tomato, a pepper and some onion throw it in a pan with some meat and let it cook and make the pasta or eggs and mix it all up. Every day at lunch I eat an orange. Then from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM we leave and preach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We invite people to come to Christ and be baptized in his name, so they can be cleaned from sin. That is the best part of the day. I love being a missionary. 

Capacitación de Zona: We had a Zone Conference in Ita and we talked about the decisions that we make and how those decisiones bring to pass consequences. I learned about the importance of making a decision based on the teachings of Christ so I can have Christ like consequences. I don't remember how to spell consequences. In this Zone Conference two elders gave their last testimonies because they go home in 3 days. One is our Zone Leader and the other is a District Leader in the other district. 

Talk in church: I gave a talk in church yesterday about repentance. I read from Alma 5 in the Book of Mormon about how important it is to repent, so that we can be prepared to meet God when we are judged by him. I talked about how we need to do our part by repenting so that he can do his. When we repent of the things that we have done wrong we should have a change of heart and have the desires to change ourselves so that we can be more like our Savior. I shared a couple repentance experiences that I have had and the blessings that I have received by making repentance a daily habit. I also shared with the congregation about how repentance is not a bad thing. When we repent we should be happy and joyful for the opportunity we have to repent and have a God that accepts us for who we are. I then proceeded to invite the congregation to repent and the people who were there that were not members I invited to repent and be baptized. Alma 5:62 talks about the same invitation that Alma did, I did to the members and investigators here in Paraguarí. 

Sometimes we get discouraged. Sometimes we feel like we are not good enough. Sometimes we feel like we can't change. I promise everyone who is reading these words right now that as we accept the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and accept the Atonement in our lives, we can be healed of our burdens and cleaned of our sins. I know that is true with all of my heart because it happened to me. I have been cleaned by the cleansing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love each and every one of you. I appreciate your support, prayers, and love. I hope you all have an amazing week.

Elder Jessop




No comments:

Post a Comment