Thursday, March 13, 2014

Another Week of Miracles!!

Hi Everyone, I'm doing great just so you all know. Some great things happened this week and I'll tell you about them right now.

Ant Lion: On Tuesday I did a division with a guy from the states and we saw something called an Ant Lion. If you've ever seen Star Wars number 6 you'll know what I am talking about... What this Ant Lion does is it eats ants. It is a big old hole and when an ant falls in it gets eaten and it reminds me of a Sarlaac Pit in Star Wars 6. A Sarlaac Pit is what eats people for a thousand years. Han Solo and Lando Calrisian almost got thrown into it, but R2D2 came to the rescue and gave Luke his light saber and Boba Fett fell into the hole of the Sarlaac Pit. Now imagine that but at a smaller degree and compare Boba Fett to an ant and the hole to the Sarlaac Pit. Those are the referencias for you and it was awesome.

Service: This week on Saturday we went to a members house to go do service. All we did was break rocks. I had to kill like 50 spiders in the process I carried big old rocks to a part of the house and we broke the rocks into little rocks to make a base for the floor that they're trying to build, it was sweet. Nice good work for a Saturday morning. Then they gave us meatballs and rice for lunch!! Man was that an awesome lunch! I also saw a bunch of horses so I took some pictures of those and I'm sending them to you all.

Baptism: This week we had the privilege to see two more souls get baptized. Even though they were little ones they are still souls to my eyes and the eyes of God. This family is less active and we have been teaching them for two months and they wanted their other kids to get baptized that never did. This is the Frete Family that I have mentioned before and finally they decided that they were going to pick a day for the baptism and Maria Lujan and Jose Maria got baptized Friday and confirmed Sunday. It was a real miracle to see this family come back to church. The father has some testimony issues but that is why we teach with the Spirit and the scriptures to help people gain testimonies or help people regain testimonies that have been lost. We will be teaching them a lot.

Consejo  de Lideres: Today we had a consejo de lidereres in Asuncion. Every end of the month the Zone Leaders and Asistentes and Sister Leader Trainers go to Asunicion for a meeting. This month the district leaders were invited so I went. The Mission President talked to us and I told the numbers of the month to the missionaries and it was awesome! I also saw my trainer there!!! Elder Morgan goes home soon and it was nice to see him there! I also saw a lot of Elders that came with me here in the mission and they are all doing great too. It was very spiritual and enlightening.

I want to tell you all thank you and also something I learned this week. Never try to do more than the Lord expects of you. Sometimes I feel like no matter what I do it will never be enough to pay back what the Lord has done for us, but he doesn't want us to pay him back. He wants us to keep his commandments and try our best to follow his example. If you ever feel like you are not good enough like I felt, remember the healing factor of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Satan wants us to feel like we are nothing and Jesus wants us to feel like we are something because we are. We are his brothers and sisters. We are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. I am something and every single one of you are something too. I love you all I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Jessop












No comments:

Post a Comment