Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baptism!!

Hi everyone, What a great week I had and quite the turn around from the last week! We had a baptism!!! We baptized a guy named Mauro Gonzalez Gonzales, he is 54 and he wants to be a missionary. Seriously though, he asked us for one of our agendas so he can be a missionary. He is awesome.

English: I talked in English to a Paraguayo the other day named Juan Carlos. He has been to Miami twice and his daughter played in a golf tournament there and he talks English, about as good as Elder Evans Spanish haha. It was pouring rain and we were hitchhiking from a place in our area and he stopped and picked us up. It was quite the miracle because we were literally soaking wet. That was a great day.

I also helped build a house. I broke rock for 1 hour and a half. I took a mallet and broke rock. That was literally all I did. I broke rock. They were using it to make a floor or something. They told us to do it and we did it. The most boring thing I have probably ever done, but hey service is service. 

I don't have a lot to say. I am working a lot. Today we did an emergency evacuation plan if there is ever a disaster here in Paraguay. I had to call my district and tell them the secret code and they had to walk 4 hours to the church here in Paraguari. The reason they had to walk is so that I know how long is the longest it would take for them to get here to Paraguari. I'm the district leader so they came to me. It was like as if we were in high school doing a practice evacuation drill. It was great.

I love you all. I'm grateful for your support. I know the church is true. What I am doing here isn't by accident. I has gone by fast. Ive still got a lot to go, but every second matters and every second is worth it. Be happy and have a great week!

Elder Jessop







No comments:

Post a Comment