Monday, September 2, 2013

Rain Rain Rain‏


Hi everyone. I have pictures this week, but I hope the computer works or I wont be able to send them haha. It rained a lot this week. It was really hot at the beginning of the week and rainy and wet at the end.
This week I learned:
Try not to step in giant holes of mud in the rain. I stepped in mud and my shoe came off. And then to top it off I stepped in the mud again with only my sock. I couldn't keep my balance. That was fun and a lot of the Spanish speaking people laughed at me. It was raining, it was cold, I was wet, and it was really funny. My companion laughed more than everyone else. I just put the shoe back on and kept walking. That's the life right there, that's life. 

I also learned of the power of testimony. We taught a guy named Carlos Molina and he said to us that he would read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. This is awesome because a lot of people don't want too. We came back later and he told us that he didn't feel anything. He told us that we only need the bible, that we don't need to go to church because people have the church inside our hearts, and he basically told us that we were wrong. This hurt for sure. Nice little prick on my heart. I testified, in Spanish I might add, that he didn't do his part to know that the Book of Mormon is true. It turns out that he read one page of the Book and prayed one time after and didn't do it any more. I told him that I knew the book was true and that I knew this church is true and that there is no other church in the world that is of Jesus Christ and has all the truth. He didn't say anything and we left. This experience helped me learn of the importance of a testimony. I have a testimony, and because I have a testimony I should do all I can to share it with every person I see. It is our obligation to share the gospel with others. That's what I'm doing and I'm happy and have a lot of peace in my heart with the knowledge of these things. Share your testimony.

Also something awesome, it is my moms birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well was my moms birthday. Sorry mom hahaha. I love my mom. Her name is Rebecca Jessop and she is awesome. Everyone who sees this I hope you say happy birthday to my mom. I'm not going to tell you how old she is, but she is around 35 or so. You can ask her yourself. Love you mom. I hope you had a great birthday. 

Peace out
Elder Jessop


                               This is a lomito aribe they are really good


                               This is a breakfast I made in 15 minutes

                                This is one of our areas‏

                                This photo is the jungle area

  •                                 



  •                                 This is my zone leader 

                               The box my parents sent me


                                The stuff that was in the box

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elder Jessop,
    Love you and your letter's so much, we are so proud of you ! Keep on plugging and you will soon find someone who wants to learn about the true church ! Love, Grandma Jessop

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am happy that you got your package and i hope all the goodies inside will remind you of home xoxo brother

    ReplyDelete