Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Vida‏

Hey everybody. You all know what today is. Good ol Monday. It is 12:17 in the afternoon in Caaguazu. Nice and hot. Anyways I hope you are all fantastic. I'm doing quite well. I still cant speak in Guarani but that is OK. My Spanish is a lot better, I want to tell you what kind of things have been going on in my life as a missionary.

Isabelino: This guy wants to be baptized right after we talked with him. The first thing he said to us was, "I need to be baptized right away, can you guys baptize me"? We said Claro y te shera. There is only one problem. He is in town 3 days every 40 days. 40 days!!!!! He leaves town to work every 40 days at a time. We gave him a baptismal date for the 14th of September and he said yes, but he won't even be here on that date. He is awesome though and one day we will baptize him. 

La familia Gonzales: This family is a part member family. Jimmy is a recent convert and Madi and Giovanni are his brothers. Madi went to church this past Sunday and Giovanni needs a lot of encouragement. He doesn't understand how we can know for a fact that these things are true. That the Book of Mormon is true and that there is a God. It is really simple. Read the Book of Mormon, pray about it, and come to church. He doesn't do these things, maybe because he is lazy. We are going to give him encouragement though. We have a ward activity this Wednesday and he is going to go with his family. That is pretty awesome indeed. 

I don't have a lot of time, but I love you all. You are all just wonderful, I am doing a lot. I can speak Spanish. My head hurts because of it, but I am doing pretty good at it. As a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Something I learned this week that helped me a lot. I am not here for me or my own glory. I can baptized 100 people, but this is not because of me. All of the glory all of the things I do is for God. I learned this from my Zone Leader and lucky for me, I live with him. The glory is not mine. Like Jesus Christ. He didn't come down here and suffer for his glory. It was for the glory of his father. It is the same for me. I am here teaching these people and inviting them to be baptized because it is the glory of my father in heaven

Love you all. Have a great week.
Chow Chow
Elder Jessop 

No comments:

Post a Comment