Thursday, September 25, 2014

9-15-14 I Lost 8 Pounds in a Day, ¿Mbae piko?‏

This week was great. Full of ups and downs. The best part was that a lot of good things happened. I'll start with the first.

District Activity: We had a super awesome district activity. We played soccer...(we always play soccer), but we decided to mix it up a bit and we cooked too. We went super chichi and made Asado (a type of beef), hamburgers, sausages, and mandioca!!! It was super good. I ate quite a bit and we had a super fun activity. It will probably be my last one here in Tayuasape, but it was also one of the best ones. In the picture we have my companion and I, Elder Guitarra, Elder Ward and the the 4 sisters. Hermana Huanca, Hermana Weeks, Hermana Cevallos, and Hermana Boley. 
They are all pretty awesome. Thanks to Hermana Boley it all got competitive. She played soccer before her mission and challenged us, but no one got hurt!!

9-11-01: 
This week was 9/11 remembrance day. 
Elder Hampton and I sure did remember singing the song.
I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
I wont forget the men who died
Who gave their life for me
And I will stand up Next to you
And defend her till the end
Because there ain't no doubt I love this land 
GOD BLESS THE USAAAA!!!

I LOVE America. We took some pictures to celebrate our love. Don't ask me where I got the tie, but it is pretty awesome. I hope that America had a great 9/11 remembrance day because I sure did. God bless the USA.

Friday and Saturday: My dear family and friends I would like to tell you how I found the best diet and the worst diet in the world. If you want to loose weight get sick. If you want to feel like dying for a couple of days, get sick. What happened is that Friday morning after my exercises I got super sick. I think the exercises lowered my defenses and the disease got me! Friday and Saturday I was in bed all day. Didn't eat, didn't drink, didn't move, didn't talk, didn't do ANYTHING. It was pretty rough. I had a fever of 104 degrees and a lot of diarrhea and vomiting. It must have been from something I ate, but I'm not too sure. Yippee for third world countries. I'm perfectly fine now (don't worry mom). I'm a little weak still but today is my Preparation Day so I will rest again. It is the first time in my mission that I have been so sick, so I'm thinking that my course was about due. I lost 8 pounds too. Great diet, but don't do it. It was pretty terrible. I was bummed that we didn't leave for 3 days this week due to sickness, but in The Book of Mormon, the brothers of Ammon couldn't leave to work because they were thrown in jail by the Lamanites. At least I wasn't thrown in jail by the Lamanites. I love bright sides :D.

We had 2 investigators in church and they should be getting baptized by the end of this month. We are working with a few investigators and we hope to keep finding more.

I had the sudden realization today that my mission here in Paraguay is coming to an end. It freaked me out, not going to lie. Then I thought back and pondered on all the spiritual experiences that I have had in my mission and there are to many to count. I'm so grateful to be here. I'm so happy. Every second has been worth it, even the sick ones haha. If anyone who is reading this is thinking about a mission and going I invite you to JUST GO!!! The Lord will bless you beyond what you ever thought was possible. I love you all and hope that you have a great week. :)

Elder Jessop


9-11-14


Me SICK





Elder Guitarra, Elder Ward and the the 4 sisters. Hermana HuancaHermana Weeks, Hermana Cevallos, and Hermana Boley, Elder Hampton and me









No comments:

Post a Comment