Monday, October 28, 2013

The Trials of Missionary Work

Hello everyone. A lot of things happened this week that hurt my soul. We also found a lot of miracles on the way and I'm really grateful for those. I want to tell you about what happened to one of the families we have been teaching, but I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty tired. I hope you all had an amazing week and yea that's about it. I'll tell you some of my experiences this week now. 

First what I want to tell you is what hurt my soul:
We had three baptisms planned for Saturday. It was a family. The dads name is Damien and his sons are named Bruno and Francisco. They were going to get baptized, all three of them. We had baptism interviews planned for them and everything and they came to church and everything and were really excited to get baptized. On Wednesday, two Catholic priests came to their house and obligated them to be baptized in the Catholic church because their sons go to a Catholic school. Damien and his family almost don't have anything and the two priests have a lot of money and started saying things really bad about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. By the way the Catholic church is really different down here. I don't know why it is different but now Damien is afraid to get baptized with his kids in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. His son Bruno still wants to get baptized but he can't because his dad won't let him. I'm really sad because of this. The only thing we want as missionaries is to help other people be more happy. We don't go around talking bad about other churches. We believe that people can worship who they want and where they want when they want too. I feel like we have done almost everything possible to help them and when you feel like you have done everything so that something happens and it still doesn't happen. It is hard sometimes but there is always light at the end of the tunnel with Jesus Christ as the mediator of all things. 

Something really awesome that happened this week is that we found a drunk guy one day and they next day he came to church drunk. It was awesome except for the drunk part but still. This guy told us everything. His name is Juan and he wants to change his life. His wife left him and couple years ago and he wants to change everything and find God in his life. Well I know one thing is for sure that he found the right place to change his life. He is awesome and we are helping him a lot with his desire to change and follow Christ.  

There are a lot of things happening around the world in missionary work for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There are more than 80,000 of us in the whole world and we all work together for one cause. This is the work of the Lord. I know it is with all my heart. It is hard sometimes, but I love it.I hope you all have a great week. My dad sent me peanut butter recently so I will be enjoying that when it comes. Love you all. 

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment