Monday, October 14, 2013

La Conferencia General‏

Hey everyone. My week was great. I have a lot of cool stories to tell you all. I hope you are all doing well and chill'n like villains. 

The General Conference: General Conference was awesome! General Conference is like Christmas for missionaries. They are 7 missionaries in my zone that are North Americans and the rest are Latino. Lucky for us we got to watch it in English and they all watched it in Spanish. It was pretty sweet. For those of you who do not know what General Conference is, it is a conference that the church does every 6 months when we get the listen to the Prophets and Apostles of the world. It is something that we have had since the beginning. Jesus Christ himself always had his meetings with a bunch of people when he was a prophet and he taught the people the will of God and we still do that today every 6 months. Anyways that was pretty awesome. 

The Lesson of Miracles: This last week I did divisions with my Zone Leader, Elder Moffett. We have been in Caáguazu for a long time together and we live together in the same house too. We went to teach a lesson in a place named Toro Blanco. We talked to the mom of our investigator, who is a member, and she told us that nobody was home. We were bummed but we waited like two minutes and out of nowhere our investigador Marcos shows up. He is 10 so we can't teach him. We have a rule that we can't teach lessons unless there is a guy who is more than 12 years old present. It is to protect us from bad situacions. So still we were stuck without an option, but then his aunt Martha showed with her Friends, they were all girls, so we still had to find a guy. We asked them to wait five minutes and we would come back with a guy. What we did is we went to a soccer field where a bunch of teenagers were playing soccer. We ask them to help us and only one wanted to help us. And then THEY ALL CAME. All 15 of them. We found a guy. We found a lot of them. So we began talking and Elder Moffet went to do a baptism interview with Marcos and I taught 27 teenagers and a 65 year old grandma by myself in Spanish and Guarani. It was pretty awesome and a miracle because Marcos passed his baptism interview. IT WAS AWESOME.

That is the best story of the week that I have. Miracles are real and I know that the Lord can work Miracles in every one of your lives. I´ve been away for a little while but I still have a lot to learn. I love being a missionary. I don't think I have ever been so happy. I am helping others help themselves. There is a lot of rejection but the people who accept the true gospel makes it all worth it.

Much Love

Elder Jessop


  • mi nuevo companero and my favorite treat in all of Paraguay 

    (peanut butter squares)‏




No comments:

Post a Comment