Monday, October 14, 2013

This week was really hard. La semana mas duro en toda mí misión.‏

Hi everybody! Elder Jessop here, writing now in a place called CyberRicky's. Turns out the guys name is Ricky. That makes sense right. This week was really long and I have never been so tired. A lot of good things happened this week though. I got bit by a dog. That was fun. There was a flood outside of my house on Saturday and we baptized two people this last week. One guy named Marcos and a girl named Maria. It was awesome. Now I'll tell you the stories.

Dog bite: A dog bit me. It kinda hurt. I was doing a contact on divisions with my Zone Leader and we were talking to a guy and I stuck my hand over the fence to pet the dog, like I have done a million times, but this time the dog bite me. We finished the contact though nice and strong. I then walked home and cleaned my wound. I looked up what to do if a dog bites me and it turned out that we needed to ask the guy if his dog had rabies. It didn't occur to me that the dog could of had rabies. Luckily he didn't, don't worry mom I know he didn't because we asked him. That was a good day. 

Flood: There was also a flood. It wasn't a flash flood because there was no warning. It was literally a flood. It just started pouring Saturday and then it flooded outside of my house. It took an extra 10 minutes to try and find a way to cross the thing. I have a picture so that is cool.

Baptism of Marcos: We baptized a 10 year old boy named Marcos. He is the nephew of a girl we baptized two weeks ago. He is awesome and he is going to make a great missionary one day. 

Baptism of Maria: Maria is a 19 year old girl that lives with members that are less active. They gave us the reference a week after we asked them if they had anybody we could teach. It was a miracle because they found somebody and we baptized her. She already wants to serve on a mission and she is really converted. It was a blessing to be apart of her conversion and to be able to baptize her. We also reactivated the family in the process and that was something awesome too. 

This week was really hard. But that is because we are working. The Lords hands are in this work. The last General Conference it was said that we now have over 15 million members of the Church. The work is going fast and it will keep going until it is done. I'm just glad I have a chance to be a little tiny part of it. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is my Savior. I know with all of my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only church there in that God has given authority to act in his name through prophets. I know it is true. I'm happy that I know that.

I love you all and I hope you all have great weeks.

Elder Jessop















No comments:

Post a Comment