Sunday, August 4, 2013

Zone Conference‏



This week went by really fast.... I'm always eating. We walk like 9 miles a day sometimes and I get back  in the house and hit the fridge. Anyways...... Hi everyone, I am doing great. Not sick, working hard, learning a lot. My testimony of Jesus Christ is growing more and more everyday.

This last week we had what is called a zone conference. There are 13 zones in this mission of Paraguay Asuncion. I am in zone 13. The zone farthest away from the city of Asuncion. This zone is called Caaguazzu. My area is 32 miles, its HUGE. I can walk for hours into the jungle and still be in my zone. 

Anyways zone conference: This zone conference was in another area called coronel viedo. Zone 12 and 13 were at this zone conference. The mission president was there and his assistant's too. We learned a lot about many things. We did a lot of role playing, basically practices on how to talk to people. Our method is talk to everyone. The Lord has prepared these people the receive the gospel, so we need to talk to everyone to find out who is ready for it. The mission presidents wife showed use, only the Elders really, how to clean a stove. It was fun. We did other stuff too, like inviting people to be baptized on the street. That was really fun. We have tried it and people have said yes, on the street. We are going to teach them and put our faith in God that these people will accept.

What else do I want to tell you guys: I need to start making a list haha. One week is kinda like a blur. Oh yea I remember. The bishop or president of my ward branch is from South Africa. He speaks English and his Spanish is different. Kinda like mine. We were at his house the other day, we ate dinner with his family and he talks a lot about his time in Paraguay. He came here and knew 0 Spanish. The only words he knew were the words, no hablo español. Haha that is kinda like me, but not anymore right. 

I love it here: It is really hard.... We have breakfast and exercise and shower from 6:30AM to 8:00AM We have studies from 8:00AM to 12:00PM. We eat lunch at a members house or at our house and we cook. Mom I'm cooking!! Crazy I know. And then from 1:00PM to 9:00PM we are out preaching the gospel and inviting people to come unto Christ!! That is the best part. We don't eat dinner. We come home at 9:00PM and plan for 30 minutes. We have an hour to eat and relax before bed at 10:30PM. Usually we are still working up till 10, calling people or updating our area book. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it, yes. We all of my heart and soul it is worth it. I know this church is true. If any of you are reading this and have questions about this church. Go ask the missionaries. They have a lot of the answers. Pero yo se que la iglesia de JesuCristo de Los Santos De Los Ultimas Dias es verdadera. Con todo de mi corazon. 

I love you all and I hope you guys enjoy my letter things.
One more thing they speak Guarani and Spanish here. Everyone. They have like a secret language, but I am learning guarani too. It is an awesome language. Yea, I will be fluente in Guarani too. Just you wait!

Elder Jessop

1 comment:

  1. Good work andrew
    Keep you in our prayers
    Melissa sisneros (solis)

    Ps so proud

    ReplyDelete