Thursday, February 26, 2015

2-16-15 Can I get a Wh. Wh. Wh. White Wash!


Hello Family and Friends this week was super interesting and exciting!! President Agazzani through a bomb at me near the end of my mission and told me in one of my emails that I was going to have a "mind shark" coming my way. I didnt know what that meant, but I will let you all know in 3.. 2.... 1.......... Blast Off.

Monday: Good Old P Day. I took a ton of pictures, but the computer wont accept my photos and the computer turns off every time I plug my USB cord in. Good old Paraguay for ya haha. We ended up climbing the Hill Lambare, which is a really famous tourist site in Paraguay (here in Paraguay, not in the world). It is a hill that has asfaulted roads and we walked up to the top and it turns out that my zone has limits with Argentina. You could see Argentina from the top and it was awesome. It was like crossing a state border. You really have no clue when you do it, unless a sign tells you on the side of the road like "Welcome to California", or the best state in the world, but I wont get onto that subject today. We climb the hill for our district activity and then we walked back down. 

Tuesday: The assistants called us and told me that I have changes!!! I left my area Ybate 1.1 and I left my dearly beloved Elder McFarland, but we go home together so I will see him again someday. I was told that I am getting sent into a WHITE WASH, or when two new Elders go to an area without knowing anything about it. I am super excited and I cant wait and I was also told that I will be training a new missionary, again! That should be fun. The last time I trained was over a year ago so we will see what happens. Super excited!

Wednesday: Change Day, got to see a lot of missionaries in the terminal. I went straight to the office! To pick up my new greenie Elder. His name is Elder Zamora!! Finally! A Latin comp. I have had 8 American comps and 4 Latin comps. Elder Zamora is from Ecuador and got baptized a year and a half ago. It is pretty amazing and we are going to have so much fun. We are both going to a new area, with new members, new people, and I am very blessed to have this opportunity. My area is called Barrio Obrero. There is a giant soccer stadium in our area and like I mean giant!! I still haven't seen it yet because I am not sure where it is (so much for giant), but that is just what people have said to me haha. 

Thursday: The fun thing about a White Wash is that you do not know anyone, anything, and you can talk to anyone. We are trying our best not to get lost, but that happens sometimes when all you got is a map. We found someone to teach though and his name is Rodrigo. He is 13 and he is a stud. He turns 14 in March and has a lot of friends that are members! He loves the church and is getting baptized this Saturday!

Friday and Saturday: Fun adventures getting lost in the rain. We are basically looking for every single person that has gone to church in our area book and that is all that we have done for two days. Elder Zamora is great, super funny and all he wants to do is work and help people come unto Christ be baptism. I will send a picture home of him next week!

Sunday: Finally Church!! We got to know all the members. It is a branch here in Asuncion and about 75 people went to church on Sunday. Sundays in Paraguay are super awesome. Sundays anywhere are awesome, but right now I am here. There is something special about Sunday.

I learned today the importance of dedication and repetition. I have done the same thing every day for about a year and a half and it says to become a master of something you have to do it 10,000 times and even then you are not perfect. I have learned the importance of self conversion and perfecting ones self. We can all be perfect in Christ who helps us kick out the the kinks, refine the edges, and molds us into who he needs us to be. I am becoming the man he needs me to be, the husband my wife will need me to be, and the father that my kids will need me to be. Even though I am not perfect, I have been extremely blessed by the Lord these last years of my life and I still have a lot to do here and a lot of souls to bring unto Christ. 

I love it here. I love the people, the sites, the blessings and everything that has happened. I am happy and it is the happiness that I see in other people that accept the gospel that truly makes me happy. I love you all and thank you for all the prayers, love and support.

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment