Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2-2-15 La gran misión Paraguay Asunción. La mejor misión en el mundo‏

Hello Family and Friends!

This week went by very nicely and we did everything that we could to invite people to repent of their sins and be baptized. WE have a very awesome investigador named Jose Enciso. He is 20 years old and already did 2 years of military service. He loves that gospel and he accepted a baptism date and has gone to church 2. In our area here in South America. Every person before they can get baptized has to go to church 3 times in order to show that they are trying to repent. We also have another investigator family that is the Sanchez family. They are a family of 4 and we invited them to be baptized and they also accepted a baptism date for this month and we hope to help them so that they can work towards baptism and then an eternal family. Now I´d like to tell you about my week.

District Meeting: I learned the importance this week of using the Book of Mormon always. There are a lot of people that reject the Book of Mormon and don't accept it simply because they do not know what it is. We were doing a practice and my doubt as the investigator was that the Book of Mormon is false. What the Elder did in our practice was respond using the Book of Mormon and invite me to know that it is true using the Scripture in Moroni 10:3-5. It was very spiritual and helped me a ton. 

Teaching Investigators with General Authorities: So as it happens it turns out that Sister Linda K. Burton came to Paraguay this week and Sister Marriot came too. Sister Burton is the president of the Relief Society in the church and Sister Marriot is the 2nd counselor of the Young Women's and they came to visit Paraguay. On Saturday they came to my area. MY AREA!! I know that they don't really have to do anything with me because I am not a girl, but it is knot everyday that general authorities come to your area in South America. They visited one of the families in our area and that night we happened to have an appointment with that family to teach an investigator so we thought that we were doing to teach with them!!! It turns out that that didn't happen... Haha we are not as important as general authorities so we rescheduled the appointment, but it was still kinda cool. 

I am out of time. I love the mission. It is February and the Liahona this month had a theme of giving all your might, mind, soul, and heart!! That is my plan and I know that God will help me be the way that we can help many of his children be baptized in the true church of God. Thank you for all the support and all the love.

Con cariño!
Elder Jessop 



Elder Arteaga, My second companion in the mission. He goes home in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment