Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I'm Staying In Ettiene

Hello everyone!! 

I'm still here. Sometimes I forget that... I feel like I'm in a whole different world sometimes. This place where I am at reminds me a lot of Los Angeles, but a little less American. It is a very wealthy part and the people are excellent for the most part. It has been fun up to this point in Ettiene.

Martes: We had changes this week and I am now the District Leader of the offices of the mission here in Paraguay and I stayed here in Ettiene and I got a new companion. His name is Elder Peterson and he is from Texas and I will send a picture of us in the coming weeks. We have quite a bit in common. We both played high school football and he has a football and it is awesome. I haven't touched like a real football in a while. 

Miércoles: We had to go to the terminal for the changes and I got to see tons of missionaries from the mission. I saw my trainer Elder Morgan, who goes home this change and I also saw Elder Evans who I trained in Paraguarí. Missionaries keep leaving and leaving and coming and coming it all happens so fast these days, but the changes are always fun to ask the missionaries how everything is. 

Jueves: We had lunch with a member who is in the High Council of the stake here and they fed us and gave us a couple of references that we went and contacted. We contacted one of the references and his name was Diego. He use to have a huge drug problem, but now he quite all the drugs, but he still has a tobacco problem, but with the Gospel of Jesus Christ anything is possible. We taught him and invited him to be baptized and he accepted in the first lesson and we invited him to go to church and it was an excellent lesson that we had.

Viernes: Friday was kinda rough. We walked pretty much the whole day and it was very awesome. We tried to bare our afflictions the best that we could and endure the rejection. We did have a great lesson though with one of our investigators Josefina and she is really progressing and that made it very very worth it. Every time we bare our afflictions with faith, the Lord will sustain us and lift us up. That is what I learn that day.

Sábado: There was a baptism this day of a girl named Concepcion!!!!!!! She is about 70 and was baptized. She came to church every week and she was finally baptized on Saturday and it was a very nice experience. I forgot my camera, so I didn't take pictures but the sisters did and she was just so happy after she was baptized. She was like shining and had a big old smile on her face!! I knew in my heart that she was clean and Concepcion even said it herself. 

Domingo: Diego came to church!!!! We went and got him at his house and we walked to church together! This was his 2nd time and he said that he loved it. I was very excited to see him all ready to go when we went to his house. After church we also went looking for a house. We have basically been mandated by our President to look for a house and nothing else, but luckily we think that we might have found one and I am really excited to go look at it today! I will let you guys know on that later.

We are entering into May again and it is crazy to think that the time has passed so fast. I am getting my hair cut today too. It is weird really, life just kind of goes with or without you and we should really go with it. I have seen the blessings of the Lord in my life as I have gone with life in the way that he went with his. I love Paraguay. I love missionary work and I love seeing the faces of the people who ask God about our message and accept it when they receive an answer from him that it is true. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.

Congrats to Johnny and Meagan for there wedding in Lake Arrowhead. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there but I know that you are both very happy!

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment