Monday, November 3, 2014

10-20-14 The Weeks Go By Faster. Faster... and Even Faster...‏

I'm here.....Elder Jessop, sitting here at my computer screen and I have no clue what I did this week. Have you ever had just one of those weeks where you don't have a clue what happened. That happened this week. It was an awesome week because I feel super happy, but I don't remember a lot of it. Good thing that there are journals. I have been writing it in my journal so I will always remember it.

I wrote my title for this week about the weeks going by super fast. It is almost November and I'm not going to lie, sometimes I have freak outs because the time is going by so fast hahaha. I cant explain the fun I have and the joy I feel by being here in the mission, but it is going by fast. They say the the mission is the MTC (man training center) for life. I think I need another year or 2 to prepare me for my life, but I am very grateful for the mission. I'm grateful that I'm here and I am grateful for all the things I have learned, people I have meet, friends that will not only be earthly friends, but eternal friends as well. 

I love my God, I know that he lives and I know that he loves each and every one of us. I know that he answers prayers and that he does it in his own time so that we can learn, grow and progress in this earthly life. I know that Jesus is the Christ. That he is the savior of mankind. He gave his life for you and me. I know that through him our sins can be forgiven. If there is one thing I have learned here in Paraguay, it is the knowledge and certainty that Jesus Christ is my Savior and no one can return to the Father except through him. I strive daily to be more like him. It is kinda funny, today in my personal study I read in 2nd Nephi chapter 4. Nephi was a prophet in the Americas in the Book of Mormon and in this chapter he is saddened by the weaknesses of his own body. How the desires of his natural man makes him want to stray from the way of God, but his heart wants to do Gods will and his body wont let him. It is interesting. It says in the scriptures that we are less than the dirt and soil because even they obey, when Gods greatest creation, mankind, refuses to obey him. I am trying hard to obey my God, even though I cant do it the way I want too like Nephi. I'm very grateful for Jesus Christ who will lift me and help me every time I fall. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the church of God. I am certain. My testimony of these things is something that I have gained for myself and therefore, I know that it is true. 

I'm happy, I'm doing great, I'm learning, I'm healthy, I'm having fun with Elder Hampton, I'm meeting tons of people, and I'm living the best two years of my life.

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment