Wednesday, October 15, 2014

10-6-14 General Conference Weekend

Hello Family and Friends!

This last weekend was that of General Conference. General Conference is when semi annually, we listen to the words and council of the prophets, apostles, and other leaders of the church. General Conference is absolutely awesome and is something that can help the life of any human being that exists. If you have any questions about what is General Conference, I invite you to go on LDS.org and look. I can't look for you because I don't know how... Haha being in Paraguay has sure dropped my technology wisdom.

Life is going awesome. I'm happy, at peace, joyful, I feel loving, I'm trying to be kind :D, and I love sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others. I can start this letter with some thoughts about what happened this week:

I really can't stop thinking about General Conference. My favorite talk was that of Elder Richard G.Scott. He talked about 4 key things that we can do to have more peace and guidance in our lives. He talked about daily personal and family prayer, daily personal and family scripture study, weekly family home evening (a night when the family gets together and has fun) and regular temple attendance. I thought the talk was awesome and I really loved it and it filled the innards of my soul like many other talks that were shared. He also said that individuals and families who do those 4 things are willingly coming unto Christ, that was awesome. There were also 4 talks that were given in a different language. 2 in Spanish which I could understand, 1 in Portuguese (understood that one too), and one was also given in Cantonese (lost me on that one) haha. It is truly a blessing to learn another language. I have learned Spanish and I'm trying to learn Portuguese now that I have time. I bought a Portuguese Book of Mormon and I'm reading it. 

I took and sent some pictures. I bought a watermelon.... and ate... I really love watermelon. It isn't like Grandmas water melon, but it was got nonetheless.
I love my mom and dad, I have learned so much from them. I learned in conference the importance of decision making and how the decisions that I make will affect me the rest of my life. I want to thank my parents for helping, and supporting the decisions that I have made in my life. So far the best decisions that I have made, and many would agree with me, is that of coming here to serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love my Lord. I get to know him better and better daily. He lives and he will come again. It will be a great and terrible day. I look forward to being on his side.

Thank you for all the support. I love each and every one of you. Keep the letters coming. I appreciate them.!!! Have great weeks!!


Con cariƱo
Elder Jessop







No comments:

Post a Comment