Monday, February 10, 2014

The Hottest Week of My Life!

My dear family and friends, what I am about to tell you is something really awesome. I probably just went through the hottest week of my life ever in the history of my 19 years of living. It has been so hot!! Sometimes I just feel like falling on the ground and roasting to death and let me tell you, that is not an awesome feeling. I have to drink like 8 liters of water daily, which has been a blessing that I have enough water. I've been drinking from the tap and its not killing me so I'm planning on doing it until you know, the day comes. but yeah hot. They should change the name of the country to hot. It has been over 100 every day for the past week. The hottest it got was 107 I think. That was a great day actually, a day filled with miracles. OK enough of that I'll tell you guys what happened now.

Maria Nancy: Maria Nancy is a girl that is supposed to be getting baptized this Friday, which was a miracle. Her mom Luz Maria and little sister Maria Soledad, were baptized in December and she was going to get baptized then, but she went into the bathroom with her baptism clothing and walked out and told us that she was not getting baptized and that was a really hard day. It was a great day too because her mom and sister got baptized, but still it was difficult. We committed her to pray specifically about baptism and if she should do it. We straight up taught her one day about the importance of baptism and when we finished the lesson with her she said the closing prayer and the words, "Do you want me to get baptized?" left her mouth!! It was really awesome and we passed by the other day and asked her if she wanted to get baptized and she said yes!!! Prayer works and God answers them when you are sincere and specific. 

I have to go really soon because the Internet shop where I'm at is closing for the siesta. Also unfortunately I don't have pictures this week but next week I will. Yeah the siesta is just when everyone here in South America stops working and sleeps for a good couple hours. They take a big break and the siesta starts at 1 and ends at 4. 

I love you all, I also want to wish my awesome sister Amanda a happy happy happy birthday. If I could sing to you I would but I can't haha. I love you Amanda and happy birthday and those of you who are reading this make sure you wish my sister a happy birthday. 

Have a great week!

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment