Thursday, February 20, 2014

CAMBIOS!

Hey everyone, I've got some good news! Maria Nancy got baptized!! I have pictures and we got her to do a thumbs up. This week is also change week and I'm the District Leader so I'll be giving out the changes to the members of my district tomorrow. I'm going to be staying here in Paraguarí because I'm training Elder Evans, so that's pretty obvious haha.

LUVIA: This week it finally rained in Paraguari. It usually rains at least once every week, but it has only rained once in two months, which was basically killing all the plants and stuff because they were suffering from the heat, kinda like humans. Ya the heat is brutal, but through sacrifice brings blessings.

BANANA: We opened the biggest banana that I have ever seen the other day in terms of width. I have a picture. Elder Goodell busted out a banana out of the fridge and it was GIANT. I might be building this banana up a little bit to high, but I want you all to know that I saw a really big banana is all. I hope you enjoy the photo that I will send.

We have also been meeting some really great people here that we are teaching and I would like to tell you all about them:

Celia: This girl is ready to change her life. She had a three year old girl that died and she said that she would do anything she could for her daughter. She actually just moved into the area and she told us that before she would hide from the missionaries when they came, but she is now grateful that she is new neighbors of a member and that she can listen to us. 

Miguel, Miriam, and Graciela: This is a family of three who used to go to church all the time, but they just stopped going one day and never got baptized, but they want to go back. Miguel has been drinking since he was about 14 and he is 53 now, but he said he wants to stop drinking because he understands the importance of baptism. We are going to keep teaching them. The girls are great and are really interested and we are going to keep teaching them.

Nilda: This girl knows everything about the church and she always used to reject the missionaries, but she works with a member and Nilda asked the member to contact us so we can go to her house and that's what we did. She grew up Catholic, but doesn't go to church (just about every Paraguayo here). She is awesome and her family is just as awesome too.

Life is good here in Paraguay. I'm about to go buy food, so I'm happy about that. I love you all and I know that I'm far but you are all close in my thoughts, and heart.

Elder Jessop










No comments:

Post a Comment