Wednesday, May 6, 2015

4/27/15 On The Lords Errand ...........

Hello Family and Friends. The time has come again to write an email to all those who desire to read it. This week, like all the weeks, went by and is gone and I am happy to say that Elder Zamora and I are taking advantage of them. Elder Zamora is almost done with his training and he can´t wait to finish the 12 week program. He is learning English too. HE is awesome. I just wanted to share a spiritual experience with you all in this letter that really touched my heart this week.

Liz Paola: We are teaching a young women named Paola and she is really trying to come unto Christ and is looking for him. My companion and I felt that we needed to watch the Restoration with her so that she could feel the spirit and know that these things are true. Luckily her neighbor is the relief society president and she invited us over to her house to watch the Restoration with her, Paola, and her family. This day was Friday and I also had to do 3 baptism interviews. The first one was at 4 and they next 2 at 5 and the Family Home Evening was going to start at 7. Then the craziness happened. I did the interview for Doroteo, which took an hour because he had some issues and then we had to travel to another area in bus to do the next 2 interviews. The house of the people who were going to get baptized lived about 30 minutes from the Elders house. The interviews took FOREVER haha. Jose Torres had some hardcore doubts that I tried to resolve. Then when we finished we family got back to wait for a bus at 7. The Family Home Evening was supposed to start at 7... We waited for a bus for 1 hour(God always test the patience, but luckily I am getting better). We finally made it to the Family home evening at 8:30. Paola, Daniella, and Ever just laughed at us. We did have time to watch the short version of the Restoration. When we asked Liz Paola if it was true she responded with certainty that it was. The room was filled with the spirit as the members, Daniella and Ever, testified of the Restoration and the truthfulness of The Book of Mormon. Liz Paola came to church on Sunday and we are planning her baptism for this Saturday, which happens to be the last Saturday of my mission. 

The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. It has changed me and has helped me find my eternal perspective. It has carried me through these 2 years of trials and hardships, triumphs and joy, happiness and sorrow for the sins of the world. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I have stood by his side as I have testified of his gospel, his church, and of him. Despite the rejections, denials, and pain, I have felt the love of my Savior as he has helped me rise up and teach with power and authority and declare this gospel unto these people. I am a 20 year old, I guess you could say man, but I know that this service has prepared me for a lifetime of service in his gospel. I am eternally grateful.

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment