Sunday, January 12, 2014

We Wish You A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year‏!!

Hey Everyone, a lot of stuff has been happening. It's almost 2014!!! I hope you all enjoy the ball drop tomorrow. 

I'm going to tell you what has been happening: 


SKYPE: I Skyped with the family for Christmas!!! That was the best Christmas present EVER!! It was a scary experience because we are in a third world country and there are not a lot of computers with video cameras so we had to find one. We kept looking and looking and then we found one. A member told us that we could use her laptop to do Skype on Saturday she told us that and we went back Wednesday. The actually day of Christmas. We went to her house and she told us her laptop broke. Well that was a big bummer because we didn't know what we were going to do. Our families were waiting for us and we didn't have a computer. We started gathering supplies from members. We got to the point were we had a microphone and a video camera but we didn't have a computer, UNTIL we found one!!! We found that another member had a laptop and we used his laptop and we did Skype. It was awesome to see the family. It had been about 7 months. It was a blessing and a great experience. 


Pedro: Pedro is a young child who got baptized before Christmas. He was the reference of a member and he told us that he wanted to get baptized even though his family was making fun of him for doing it. He told us with his own words "They laugh at me because I'm Mormon, but they are not going to beat me, I'm going to go to church because I like it." This kid is 10. HE IS AWESOME. Beyond words he is awesome. 


Elder Evans: I forgot to tell all of you about my new companion his name is elder Evans and he is straight out of the MTC! I'M Training him!! I will be with Elder Evans until March. He is from Arizona and is 18 and everyone tells him that he is a metai. Metai means little kid or child in Spanish. He is awesome and he really works hard, but yea he is tiny. I'll send some photos. His first week here in the mission he had the opportunity to baptize Pedro and that was a great experience for him and me. Training is a whole different experience  Now I understand why my trainer, elder Morgan, did the things that he did when I first started the mission. We are going to have a lot of fun together. 


Subiimos una montaña: YEA WE GOT TO CLIMB A MOUNTAIN. OK it is not really a mountain, it is more like a hill but it is pretty big. I have pictures and I am sending them as I write. It was really fun. I'm really afraid of heights, so I am surprised that I went so high. It was pretty fun. We saw a giant tarantula which wasn't very fun, but it was pretty sweet. 


Fla Fretes: We had dinner with a family here that is less active that showed me how to cook a meal. I don't know what it is called, but man was it really good. MOM would be so proud of me. It had chicken, rice, onion, carrot, tomatoes  garlic, and other stuff but it was really really good. I'm sending pictures. This is a great family that we are trying to reactivate and we thought it would be a great idea to have dinner with them. It was an awesome dinner with an awesome family. Here they eat dinner at like 9:00 at night. It was a late dinner but really yummy. 


Mission Activity: This last Friday we had a mission activity for Christmas and have the mission came. We climbed the Hill of a city called Lambare, we had a white elephant, we had Pizza Hut!!!!!! And we had fruitcake for dessert. It was a great day and we were literally there all day. We left at 4:00 in the morning and got back at 9:30 at night. My district and I had to sleep at the zone Leaders house the night before so I slept on the ground, but it was way worth it. 


Happy New Year everyone. The mission is changing my life. As I enter a new year I feel as if my whole objective in this life has changed. Instead of thinking about myself, I think of others. Instead of working for my own gain, I work for the gain of others. Instead of loving myself, I love others. I am changing and I am truly grateful. I hope you all have a great week and start off the new year with a splendid letter from good Old Elder Jessop. 

I love each and every one of you and I am grateful for your support. 


Elder Jessop


































No comments:

Post a Comment