Friday, May 10, 2013

Why serve a mission?


Many young men and women of the church put on pause their lives to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We invite all to come unto Christ as we serve the Lord and his children. Many people wonder why someone would sacrifice two years, or 18 months, to serve a mission and I say this. There is nothing in the entire world I would rather do than serve a mission. It will be hard and time consuming, but it will be well worth it. 

Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16 "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"




No comments:

Post a Comment